Ruby Red Recipes
Sweet Melissa's Easy Brunswick Stew
- 3 lbs. boneless pork, preferably Boston Butt, rubbed with SWEET MELISSA’S BARBEQUE RUB
- 3 medium-size new potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 bottle of SWEET MELISSA’S RUBY RED SAUCE
- 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 (9oz.) package frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1 (9-oz.) package frozen corn, thawed
- 6 T brown sugar
- 1 t salt
Sweet Melissa's Tangy Meatloaf
- 1.5 lbs. of lean ground meat
- 1 Cup of chopped onions and green peppers combined
- 1 Cup of Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup of Sweet Melissa's Ruby Red Sauce (reserving 1/4 cup)
Combine all ingredients mixing well. Form into a loaf and put in the baking dish. Make an indention down the center of the loaf. Pour the remaining 1/4 cup of Sweet Melissa's Ruby Red Sauce in the indention and pat closed. Bake at 350 degrees. Enjoy this undeniably sassy southern style meatloaf!
OTHER SUGGESTED USES
- Use as a finishing sauce on any type of pork or chicken.
- Grill smoked sausage and use as a dippin' sauce.
- Use as a sauce for chicken wings.
- Cocktail weenies in a crock pot soaked in Ruby Red Sauce for an easy hors d'oeuvre.
- Mix any kind of Italian dressing and Sweet Melissa's Ruby Red Sauce for an excellent marinade for chicken breast. Can be baked or grilled.